Monday 2 July 2018

Project.L: Engine health status

The last few times I drove the Lantis, sporadic misfire, flat spots during acceleration and running on three cylinders occured, albeit so irregular that I could not identify a root cause.
I then checked the spark plugs and engine compression to exclude engine wear and found this:
All spark plugs showed only minor deposits evenly distributed (maybe running a bit on the lean side), and compression values were between 12,5 and 13,5 bar on all cylinders.


I call that a good result for an original engine that has covered 225k km (140k mls). The keen observer might also spot that I changed the valve cover for a freshly powder coated BG GT item:

I now suspect the distributor as the root cause for the intermittent failures - this will be addressed next.

No comments:

Post a Comment